Due: Wednesday, October 30, 1996
The objective of this project is to evaluate distribution system reconfiguration based on the paper by Civanlar, Grainger, Yin, and Lee.
- Derive Equation A.8 of the paper. Students taking this class for undergraduate credit are not required to do this step.
- Run load flow separately for FEEDER-I, FEEDER-II, and FEEDER-III of the system given on page 1219. (When I ran load flow, I got results slightly different from the ones given in the paper)
- Using the criterion specified in the paper determine possible reconfiguration alternatives.
- Evaluate the case that is the best according to the paper and two more of your choice using load flow to verify the results given in the paper.
- Pick one case which does not meet the criterion to see if the losses actually increase.
Use any loadflow program for this project. Include a table summarizing your findings in your report.