The objective of the computer engineering program at KSU is to prepare you for a professional career in engineering. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible education within the guidlines provided by the ABET.
The computer engineering currciulum provides:
- An understanding of basic sciences, mathematics and communication skills.
- A theoretical basis in electrical engineering.
- The application of basic concepts to practical problems.
- Advanced skills in problem solving where hardware and software trade-offs are necessary.
- A strong laboratory experience stressing system design and implementation.
- A general education that complements the technical content.
- An understanding of the ethical, social, safety and economic factors required for engineering practice.
A sequence of advanced courses stressing engineering design and based on earlier courses prepare the student for the entry-level positions in the profession.
Computer engineering areas of specialization are architecture and design; embedded systems; and mulitimedia and networking.
A flowchart graphically depicting the curriculum can be found here.