ECE Early Enrollment Policy
ALL students must consult with either the ECE academic advisor or their advisor designated by specialty (junior/senior only) before enrolling in classes for the next semester. If a student fails to do so, their enrollment flag will not be lifted, and the student will not be able to enroll until advising has taken place.
It is important to come prepared for the advising session so that it can be as productive and efficient as possible for both the student and the advisor. It’s not fair to other students that have to wait because the student before them was not prepared ahead of time. If a student comes unprepared, he/she may be asked to leave and come back with the required documentation at a later time.
If the student is unable to make the appointment it is their responsibility to contact their advisor or the main office to schedule a new appointment.
- Sign up for an appointment in the ECE main office (2061 Rathbone Hall) and get an enrollment worksheet
- Print out a current flowchart (http://flowcharts.engg.ksu.edu) and make sure to write in any transfer credits in the appropriate areas
- Prepare an enrollment worksheet with the courses you plan to take as well as 1-2 alternate courses in case a class is full (the course schedule can be found at: http://courses.k-state.edu)
- On the day of the appointment arrive 10 minutes early and get your personal folder from the ECE main office
- Fill out the “Advising Confirmation Form” and bring it to the appointment
The student will meet with the adviser assigned to them and discuss their proposed course schedule for the following semester and voice any concerns or questions they may have. This is also a time for the student to discuss any changes in his/her personal, academic, or professional goals and to develop a course of action that will help the student meet those goals.
Once the student and the adviser come to an agreement, the advisor will fill out the remainder of the “Advising Confirmation Form” and the student will then take their enrollment folder back to the ECE main office and the administrative specialist will lift the enrollment flag.
Once the student’s enrollment date becomes eligible they will be able to enroll using iSIS, provided there are no holds on their account.
**NOTE: You may be required to complete an Academic Advising Survey in iSIS before you are able to enroll. If so, an Advising Survey service indicator (aka hold) will show under “Holds” in the iSIS student center. Instructions on how to complete the survey can be found here: http://www.k-state.edu/isis/help/students/stuAdvSurvey.html.
ECE Early Enrollment Process