The objective of the electrical engineering program at KSU is to prepare you for a professional career in engineering. Our goad is to provide you with the best possible education within the guidlines provided by the ABET.
The electrical engineering currciulum provides:
- An understanding of basic sciences, mathematics and communication skills.
- A theoretical basis in electrical engineering.
- The application of basic concepts to practical problems.
- Advanced skills in problem solving where hardware and software trade-offs are necessary.
- A strong laboratory experience stressing system design and implementation.
- A general education that complements the technical content.
- An understanding of the ethical, social, safety and economic factors required for engineering practice.
A sequence of advanced courses stressing engineering design and based on earlier courses prepare the student for the entry-level positions in the profession.
Electrical engineering areas of specialization are bioengineering; communication systems and signal processing; digital electronics; integrated circuits and devices; and power systems.
A flowchart graphically depicting the curriculum can be found here.